Thursday, January 24, 2008

Here's what I'm listening to today.

Cross Canadian Ragweed - Soul Gravy
Jason and I were at the Tumbleweed to see Ragweed the night they had their CD launch party/concert for this album. It was a crazy night and SO much fun! I snagged a poster from the wall of the 'Weed and had the guys sign it. It's hanging on the wall of our office. Way cool album. It's hard to pick favorites when it comes to Ragweed but this one has got to be one of the tops for me. I really love Number, Wanna Rock & Roll and Alabama from this CD.

Josh Turner - Your Man
Who doesn't love Josh Turner's deep voice? I love Would You Go With Me, No Rush and Your Man. Wish I had his new album. I LOVE Firecracker. I sing it to Easton a lot. Not exactly lullaby stuff but it is fun.

Phil Vassar - Greatest Hits
Until I bought this CD I had no idea Phil Vassar was such a talented and prolific songwriter. I love his versions of his songs better than the radio versions. Favorites on this one are...well, all of them. It is a greatest hits album for a reason. :)

Trace Adkins - Dreamin' Out Loud
I love Trace Adkins for the same reasons I love Josh Turner. There's just something about his voice. I'm not at all a fan of the Honky-tonk Badonkadonk side of Trace but this cd is great. My favorites are I Left Something Turned on at Home, This Ain't No Thinkin' Thing, 634-5789 and If I Fall.

Cross Canadian Ragweed - Mission California
Jason came home from Walmart one day not long ago and surprised me with this CD. We didn't even know Ragweed had released a new album. It stinks to be so far away from their favorite places to play! We have lucked out and seen them around here a few times but they don't get out this way as often as I'd like. Anyway, about the songs. I like In Oklahoma (for obvious reasons), Smoke Another and Jenny. I'd have to say this is my least favorite Ragweed CD but it's still a good one. Maybe because I'm not as familiar with it as I am the rest? Nah. I just don't care for the songs as much. It's a much more serious album than most of the rest. Good for them. Way to do something new. But I much prefer the rowdier, rockin' sounds of Soul Gravy.

See? I don't ALWAYS listen to kid's music. :)

0 comments: