Friday, December 25, 2009

Whew! I am worn out! Oh and by the way...Merry Christmas! It's been a busy 2 weeks since my last post. Audrey is sleeping better now, thank goodness! Easton is doing ok too. The past couple of weeks have been filled with writing several short papers and one 15 pager, finishing up a class (Child Development - I got an A!), shopping for Christmas, working on some craft projects, cleaning and getting ready for our Christmas company.


I wasn't sure if they'd be able to come or not due to the snow we had (TWO FEET!!!) but Jason's sister, Leslie, her husband Terry, their three kids and Jason's cousin came to visit on Monday. We had a really fun time. It was good to see the kids playing together and good visiting with everyone. We did some shopping to help Santa out with a few Christmas presents, went to D.C. to see the sights, played, cleaned, cooked, ate, played, cooked, cleaned some more. I decided that although I LOVE having people come visit us, our house is WAAYY too small for ten people! That and my kids have entirely too many toys. I think in the next month or so we'll be going through all of the toys and getting rid of some of the ones that don't get played with so much. We just simply do not have room for all of this stuff!


Christmas today was really fun. The kids woke up early and we opened presents and had our Christmas breakfast casserole. Then we cleaned up the kitchen just so we could start cooking Christmas dinner. We had apple butter ham, stuffing, green bean casserole, rolls and pumpkin pie. Whew! I'm so tired! Glad that Miss Audrey will be sleeping back in her own bed tonight and not in our room so I can finally get some sleep.


Some pictures of the big snow we got here last weekend:

Easton and Yellow Bear in the snow



Audrey all smiles and bundled up in her warm snow suit.




My hard working hubby taking a break from shoveling snow



I think we used to have a car under there



Is it a table or is it a big snow cone?


Here are a few pictures of our Christmas Eve trip to D.C.:

Riding the Metro



We're seasoned Metro riders by now. Well, OK. Not really. But we should be.
One of the dinosaurs at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History


The Washington Monument


The White House

I can't take credit for this one. J's sweet cousin McKayla took this one. Great job!

Christmas pictures:

This is a lap full of cute right here. Easton and Alexa waiting for Santa.

Easton reads his new Thomas the Train ABC book.

Audrey loves her doll


Alexa, Mason, Addy, Audrey and Easton.

Audrey and Easton Christmas 2009

1 comments:

Jen said...

Okay...there's the pictures I was hoping for!! What CUTIE PIES! And wow!-that snow! I love the "sno-cone" pic! ha ha ha
Oh how I miss you....