Friday, November 20, 2009

Posting my apple butter recipe w/out all the pictures and commentary so it can be printed it out easily.

Amy's Apple Butter

15 apples, peeled, cored, cut into small pieces**
3 cups of sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in Crock Pot and cook on high for 3 hours or until the mixture is reduced by half and the apples are tender.

Blend in blender until smooth(or use an immersion blender if you're lucky enough to have one).

Ladle into canning jars, place lids on and process in water bath canner to seal.

Directions for canning can be found at www.pickyourown.org. They also have directions for making applesauce too if you're interested.
If you do this, email me or leave me a comment here and let me know how it turned out.

**You can use any type of sweet apple for this. I've used Gala, Jonagold and Red Delicious in the past and they all turned out delicious.

0 comments: