Tuesday, November 03, 2009

from 10-31-09

Easton,
Happy Halloween! Tonight was your first time trick-or-treating. You were a fireman. I wil lnever forget your sweet little blonde curls peeking out from under your red plastic hat. You kept going and going, wanting to walk even long after you were literally falling down you were so tired.

You are 2 years and 3 days old. We celebrated your birthday here at home with just Mama, Daddy and Sis. We were planning a party with some of your friends but we all came down with some kind of cold or bug and have to reschedule. I think you still had a really fun day even with no big party. We were all feeling better by the time the party day rollled around but I don't want to take the chance of gettting our friends sick so we'll reschedule and you'll just have twice the birthday fun.

I made you a birthday cake to celebrate on your actual birthday. It was a monkey. Your mama is far from being a professional cake decorator but it turned out pretty cute and you said it was "Lummy" so that's all that matters. After dinner, we had cake and ice cream and then you opened your presents. You got a Fisher Price Spin-n-Crash Racetrack from Nanny and Papa, which you love and call your "race crack". You got a huge Mr. PotatoHead with lots of pieces (what were we thinking?!) from Mama and Daddy along with some books and movies. Your most favorite present of all is a $5 red Chevy truck we found by the register at Rite Aid. You'd sleep with that truck if you could. You also got a new bedding set from Nana and Poppy which you like but will take some getting used to for you to sleep with I think. I tucked you in and covered you up and the next morning I found you on top of the covers with your head at the foot of the bed. When you woke up the first thing you said to me was "New bed comfy!" You are so funny and smart!
Gotta get to bed. My eyelids are getting very heavy.
I love you, Toodles!
Love,
Mama

0 comments: