Thursday, January 15, 2009

The posts from my homework folder... all letters to Easton written AFTER I was done with my homework. No procrastination for once! :)

Sunday, Jan 3 2009
Easton,
You said banana for the first time today. You were playing in the living room floor with your plastic fruit. You held up the bananas and said "'Nana". Daddy and I couldn't believe it! Sure, you've eaten bananas before and I'm sure we've said "Easton, this is a banana" but it's not like we sat down with you and said "Easton, this plastic fruit right here is a BANANA. Can you say banana?" And plus, we haven't bought any bananas in weeks! You sure do have a good memory, little man! The very next day, you and I went to the grocery store and I let you pick out your own 'nanas to eat. You got very mad when I wouldn't let you have one right there in the store. But eww gross! I can't let you eat a green banana, no matter how much you might try to convince me otherwise.
Love,
Mama

Wednesday, Jan, 7 2009
Easton,
We had lunch today with Ms. Katy at the Snow White Grill in old town Winchester. The place has been around forever and we finally had a chance to stop in. It's a tiny little place with only about 20 seats at a long counter. It was an adventure trying to eat there with you on my lap. You had a grilled cheese sandwich and french fries. Well, mostly you had grilled cheese and ketchup. You kept sucking all the ketchup off the fries and putting them back in the basket. Through careful manipulation and lots of baby wipes and napkins, we both managed to get out of there with only minor ketchup on our shirts. They had blue Christmas ornaments hanging over the counter. You tried so hard to reach them! Then Ms. Katy tried to reach one and couldn't. When I tried to reach one and did, you made us all laugh with a well-timed "WOW!". My little guy, for now I am drinking in the fact that such a minor little thing impresses you. For now, mama does magic! One day you will not be so easily impressed and that will be a sad day indeed.
Love,
Mama

Friday, Jan 9, 2009
Easton,
Our friends Ms. Katy, Jessica, Brett and Olivia came over for dinner and games tonight. You and Olivia had a fun time playing in your little toy corner in the living room. When it was bedtime, you had a hard time sleeping. Later that night, you woke up with a fever and runny nose. We think you are either coming down with a cold or trying to finally get some teeth. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Love,
Mama

Saturday, Jan 10, 2009
Easton,
You woke up with a new tooth this morning! And you DO have a cold afterall. Poor guy! You must be feeling crummy. You've been running a fever off and on all night and into today but don't seem to be too affected by that to let it interfere with your playing. You said "Want 'nana" today. It's the first time you've put two words together to tell us what you want. Yay, Easton! Also, we're working on teaching you to clap and to point to different parts of your body when asked. You have absolutely no interest in that game though. You look at me like I'm crazy if I ask you where your nose is. Kinda like "Mama, I know darn well where my nose is. Why are you asking me such a silly question?" OK, maybe we'll not play that game for a while. :) You are obsessed with bananas. Every day you ask for "nana" every single time you are anywhere near the kitchen. You eat two of them for breakfast with a whole bottle or cup of milk and still want more. We're gradually trying to get you to switch from bottles to cups. You want no part of sippy cups. It's either a bottle or a big boy cup with straw. Hopefully you decide once and for all that you like big kid cups and don't care for bottles any more but for now, you've gotta have that morning bottle. The other two meals, you're fine with a cup but it's gotta be a bottle after breakfast. That's OK. We'll work on that. And also if we could just get you to stop throwing EVERYTHING in the floor! I keep telling Daddy we need a dog just to eat all the food you throw on the floor. He's not going for it, so could you knock it off with the throwing stuff? I'm tired of sweeping the floor!
Love,
Mama

0 comments: