Thursday, March 13, 2008

Easton,
Well, mama is running way behind on my monthly letter to you, sweet baby. It's been a busy time. It seems I say this every month but you are growing SO FAST! I cannot imagine not being home with you every day to see all the new things you are learning to do. My very favorite time of day is first thing in the morning when I walk into your room. You give me a smile that lights up your whole face and seems to say "Hi mama! I've been waiting for you!" That smile gets my day started off right every single day. It seems you smile from the minute you get up until the time you go to bed. You are such a happy baby! The only time you fuss is when you are tired and even then it's almost like you are afraid you'll miss all the fun if you're sleeping. Trust me, little one...when you're sleeping I'm doing dishes, taking a shower, doing laundry and other not-very fun stuff. You're not missing a thing. The weather has started warming up finally and I am so happy to be able to get outside! You aren't quite sure what to make of the wind and the bright sunshine but once we're outside for a while you seem to enjoy it. We have fun dancing and being silly. It's a good thing no one is here to witness all my terrible dancing but making you smile is all I'm concerned about and my crazy moves seem to do the trick. You have started sitting in your highchair for short streches of time while I'm cooking or cleaning the kitchen. You like being where the action is and being able to see what's going on. You watch every move I make and it certainly makes mama feel special when you can't take your eyes off of me. :) I am so excited about our trip next week! We will be seeing both sets of your great-grandparents for the first time and I cannot tell you how special that will be. Plus you'll be seeing your grandparents, your aunts and cousins too and I am so happy to be introducing you to all the people who are so important to your daddy and me. I used to tell your daddy "You're my favorite." I still tell him that but now I say it to you too. You're my favorite little guy and daddy's my favorite big guy. I also tell you "I love you best" and call you the best baby in the world. And you are! :)
Thanks for being my sunshine.
I love you, little monkey!
Love,
Mama

0 comments: