Thursday, March 13, 2008

One of the things I've been doing lately is reading. When my eyes are crazy I can't do too much of it and when they're not too bad I read voraciously, as though making up for lost time. I've always loved reading as many of you know so it shouldn't come as a surprise that this is the way I usually unwind.
Here's what I'm reading now (or have on my coffee table waiting to be read):

T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton One of her Kinsey Millhone alphabet series of books. I LOVE these books! Can't wait for the rest...Hurry up, Ms. Grafton! Can't you write more quickly?! I'm in the middle of this one and am having a love/hate thing with it as I do with all good books. If it's a good, interesting read I love it and completely immerse myself in the characters and their story but hate when it's over and feel a little like I'm missing a friend. Sounds weird, but if you're a reader like me you know what I mean.

I really enjoyed The Red Tent by Anita Diamant and found some more books by India Edghill along the same lines. Queenmaker is about King David's wife. Wisdom's Daughter is a novel about Solomon and Sheba. I LOVED Queenmaker and can't wait to get started on her next book. They are fascinating!

Woman in Red by Eileen Goudge

One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus

Double Cross by James Patterson Can't wait to start this one. It's the newest Alex Cross book and I've been on a waiting list for at least a month for this one. Like the Grafton novels, once you read one...you're hooked!

Anyway, that's what I'm reading now. Anybody else reading anything good?

0 comments: