Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baby boy,
Last night I felt you have the hiccups for the first time. I was lying in bed about to go to sleep and I had just told your daddy goodnight when I felt you move in my tummy. Then it came again and again and so quickly that I knew it must be you with the hiccups. I rolled over and told daddy to feel my tummy and I put his hand where I had felt you move. We talked to you and told you that it wouldn't be much longer until we see you face to face and how excited we are to meet you.

I have a dr's appt today and hope they'll tell me about how big they think you might be. I can't wait to hear your heartbeat again today and ask them when you might be making your big debut. I wonder if you'll be early and come while your Pawpaw is here? Or late and come when your Nanny and Aunt Leslie and cousins are here? Or you might come right on time and that would be OK too. I wonder when your birthday will be.

The night before last we read you one of my favorite books from when I was little "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb." Your daddy had never heard it before but I remember my daddy reading it to me many, many nights when I was a little girl. I think tonight we'll read The Napping House and 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. If I share anything about my personality with you, I hope I give you my love of reading. Goodness knows we have enough books! Actually, I take that back...you can NEVER have too many books! :)

See you soon!
Love,
Mama

0 comments: