Saturday, September 01, 2007

Wow, it's been a long time since I blogged...let's see how much random stuff I can think of to talk about in one post. :)

I'm feeling OK these days. I've had a LOT of back pain/sciatica and that's not very fun by the end of the day but there's not a lot I can do about that. I've become best friends with my heating pad and back massager and been taking lots of warm baths and a little (very little) Tylenol. So far, those seem to help somewhat. Other than that, I'm feeling great. I have another routine dr's appointment on Wednesday. Shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

I went shopping today for an outfit to wear to a friend's wedding and ended up spending WAY too much money at Motherhood Maternity. Why are maternity clothes so expensive?! I didn't really need a whole lot because I've been given SO many maternity clothes (thank goodness!) but I did need a fancy outfit for the wedding and a new bra and ended up spending over $100! Of course, while I was shopping for the wedding outfit, I did happen to find 2 cute shirts on clearance so I had to get those too. But still....$116 for 4 things?! Outrageous! Wait a minute. That doesn't sound right. Let me check that receipt again.

Man, I should have known that sounded way too high! The 2 shirts didn't ring up as the sale price so I got charged full price for both of them! Guess I should have paid more attention while she was ringing them up, but she had the screen turned away so I couldn't check the prices as she scanned them like I normally do. No wonder the total was so high! Now I have to take all that stuff back to get them to adjust the price to the sales price. AAAGGGHH!!! What a pain in the butt! Oh well, it will save me about $20 so it is worth it. Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

In other news, I finally decided to jump on the Harry Potter bandwagon and see what all the fuss is about. I've read the first 2 books and am waiting for my library to get the next 2 available so I can check them out. The first 2 were really good. I didn't expect to like them because I'm not much into the sci-fi/fantasy type genre but J.K. Rowling is such a good writer! She makes all those crazy characters really interesting and I found it hard to put the books down. I've got the first 2 movies coming on Netflix and I can't wait to see how closely they follow the books.

Yes, I did say Netflix. If any of you watch very many movies, you should totally sign up for Netflix. It is so EASY! I just joined last weekend and chose the 3 movies at a time choice for $16.99 a month. Sounds like a lot of money, but you can watch as many movies as you can in one month and they'll just keep sending you more. OK, so without me starting to sound like a commercial here...you should really go check it out. I love the part where you can cancel at any time so even if we decide we're not watching that many movies to make it worth it we can cancel without worrying about a contract. I think I'm gonna love it. So far, we've watched Kiss the Girls, which is based on a book by James Patterson that I just finished reading. That is one creepy movie and an even creepier book, but it was good. Next to watch is another Patterson book turned movie Along Came A Spider. Then we've got the first Harry Potter to watch and by that time we should be getting Potter movie #2 since we've already returned the 1st movie we watched. Pretty easy. Anyway, enough about that...go check out www.netflix.com if you're interested.

Lastly, I got new glasses. I'd take a picture but my hair is all crazy and I can't find the camera. Maybe tomorrow after I've cleaned house, found the camera and washed my hair I'll get around to taking a picture of the new specs.

Gotta get off of here and figure out something for dinner. :) Happy Labor Day weekend!

0 comments: