Sunday, March 25, 2007

It seems that along with my ability to keep my breakfast (and lunch and dinner) down and my ability to sleep through the night without getting up to pee, this pregnancy seems also to have taken away my ability to blog. But I'll try now. I do have days where I feel great. I'm not always feeling gross and looking a lovely shade of green. But so far, those days have been very few and far between. But I am so thankful for those times when I'm feeling good. I try to remember that this is only temporary. I'll be glad when I feel better more often and when I actually look pregnant, instead of merely feeling fat. I'm still anxiously awaiting the big appt for my first prenatal checkup.

Note: Sorry if the following stuff is "too much info" for some, but I've gotta say it. Trust me, this stuff is way more embarrassing for me to admit than for you to read about. Here we go.

Things I didn't know about my first few pregnant weeks:
1. I had no idea my boobs would hurt so bad! Geez, I can't even hug my husband or accidentally roll over on my stomach in the middle of the night. Hopefully the soreness goes away with the morning sickness. Probably not but I can hope, can't I?
2. I also didn't know that EVERYTHING I eat would give me stomach cramps. Not like morning sickness queasiness. Nope, we're talking serious gas. Embarrassing? Yes. Painful? YES! One night, I went to bed early with a stomachache and Jason curled up next to me with his arm around me and he said he actually wondered if he could feel the baby moving because my stomach was doing some weird stuff. (Yes, he really does know it's WAY too early for that.) I really do not want to have to ask my dr. about this, but I think I just may explode if I don't. And probably any sense of modesty I have now will quickly disappear after getting up close and personal at every single visit.

0 comments: