Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ooh, my first ever grownup cocktail party tonight. My fun and fashionable friend Kelly is getting married and her parents are throwing her an engagement party. I went out and bought a new dress to wear. I am usually a VERY thrifty shopper and have once even paid only $5 for a formal dress to wear to a Christmas party, so for me to spend as much as I did on this particular dress is almost unheard of. I went shopping by myself and was prepared to find myself shopping all over town and for several hours until I found exactly what I was looking for. Much to my surprise, I found the perfect dress at the first store I went to and it only took me about 45 minutes. Yay! I knew as soon as I saw this dress on the rack that I had to try it on. I took in 6 or 7 dresses to the dressing room but secretly hoped this wrap dress would be "the one", despite the hefty price tag. I tried on all of the other dresses first and some of them looked OK, but when I tried on the last one, I knew I'd buy it. It was exactly what I was looking for. And it was on sale 30% off. Great. That only made it $70 instead of the astronomical $100 price on the tag. I must say, I didn't even pay 1/2 that for my wedding dress! But this dress was just one of those few "gotta have it" items of my life. Hopefully J likes this dress as much as I do. I think I spent my clothes budget for the next 6 months on this one dress.
How in the world could someone buy a dress at that price and not even flinch at paying that much for one dress? I can't imagine.
I'll try to get a picture and post on here later.
In the meantime, I've been busy spending my morning doing strange and painful things all in the name of beauty. Glad my hubby is at work this morning, so I can lock myself in the bathroom and he won't have to see anything but the end result. Man, the things women do to look good!

Note to self: Don't try to paint your nails a deep, dark red after almost an entire pot of coffee. You can't see that well, your hands are shaking like crazy, and super short bitten-to-the-quick nails don't look that great painted a dark color. And QUIT BITING YOUR NAILS ALREADY! :)

0 comments: