Sunday, November 12, 2006

I know, I know...I promised lots of posts and then didn't post for 6 days. But this weekend has been SO busy! It seems all my friends want to keep me busy so I don't remember that my hubby is in England without me. Little do they know I'm doing just fine. Not that I don't miss him, but it sure has given me a lot of reading and shopping time. (Shopping for Christmas presents.) Can you believe it is that time of year again?! Where did this year go? I'm so glad to be coming home for Thanksgiving. It will be good to see everyone again.

We haven't decided if we'll try to do Christmas presents while we're there (to save $ on shipping to OK) or not. If we do decide to do that, we'll have to spend some precious visiting time out shopping. As much as I love shopping, I love visiting w/everyone more, so I think we'll only do that if I can convince Jason to go with me. That way we can make a list, get that stuff, wrap it and be done. It does make it kind of nice when everyone's rushing around like crazy to finish their Christmas shopping and we're already done. We'll see.

What have I been doing to occupy my time this past week? Some shopping (groceries, Christmas presents, a dresss to wear to Shawn's wedding), visiting with friends and scaring myself silly reading the latest Stephen King. Why in the world did I decide to read that particular book when Jason is gone and I'm home alone?! Not the greatest idea ever. Also, I went to a conference yesterday called "Nurturing Relationships with Parents". It was interesting I guess, but not my favorite way to spend a Saturday. Then, on the way home, I stopped off and had lunch at Cracker Barrel. Table for two...me and Stephen King. I've had friends comment to me that they could never go to a restaraunt and eat by themselves but I think everyone should do it at least once. It's kind of relaxing and peaceful. Not that I'd want to make a habit of it or that I'd ever do it without taking something to read to occupy my time, but there is something to be said for a little solitude once in a while.
It's nice to finally understand every once in a while how to be alone without feeling lonely.
Have a good week! :)

0 comments: