Monday, November 13, 2006

Books to the ceiling, books to the sky,
My pile of books is a mile high,
How I love them! How I need them!
I'll have (gray hair)
By the time I read them. Arnold Lobel

One of my favorite quotes about books. It really says "I'll have a long beard" but since I'm not a man, that will have to do. I just finished Stephen King's Lisey's Story. It was good. Creepy, weird and twisted. Haunting, crazy, brilliant and spooky. All of those things and much more. But very, very good. After reading that, I need something light and fluffy to clear my head. I've got G, H, and I from Sue Grafton and also 1, 2, and 3 from Janet Evanovich. I also bought Fannie Flagg's Welcome to the World, Baby Girl and Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe. Can't decide which to read first, but goodness knows I have plenty to keep me busy.

P.S. If anyone stumbles across Janet Evanovich books one through five (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to get Deadly, Four to Score, and High Five) in hardback and at a cheap price, let me know. I've got 6-11 but no 1-5. I've bid on a few on ebay but have been outbid every time. :) Thanks!

0 comments: