Tuesday, September 19, 2006

So, I worked briefly in the 2 yr old room today and saw no evidence at all for why people use the term "terrible twos". (Totally joking here.) Then I helped out in the infant room for about 4 hours. Yeah, and to use a phrase I heard somewhere "It was so cute it made my ovaries hurt." Where I heard that, I don't know but you ladies that want to have kids "sometime but not now" know what I mean. No, that does not mean the Crafty famiily will be having a new addition any time in the near future, but it did sure make me wish 30 wasn't looming in the not so distant future. I always said I'd like to have a baby by the time I was 25 and I'm 3 yrs past that now. Not that it's a race. I know, "wait until you're ready, you have plenty of time, blah blah blah". And I also know "there's never a perfect time, you never can have enough money, blah, blah, blah". Yeah. I've heard all that so much that all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher-talking kind of voice.(You know the one.) And still somehow I keep hoping the magic college degree fairy will grant me my degree first. Like tomorrow. Then maybe we'd be able to think about having kids. But there comes a time when you have to wonder..."yeah, I'm waiting till a better time, but at what cost?" Know what I mean?

0 comments: