Tuesday, September 19, 2006

See what happens when I don't blog for a while? Yep. 4 posts in one day and not a single picture among them.

I've been DVR'ing Rachael Ray's new talk show. What do you think? I kinda like it. Sure, she's all hyper and crazy and uses way too many slang expressions in one sentence (Gorg! must be short for gorgeous...I think.) but I do like it. Something about her unpretentious style I like. Her 1st 2 shows were a little spastic, but i think once she calms down and gets used to the idea of having a live audience and guests and everything that the show will be pretty cool. Her 2nd show had Oprah as the guest and you could tell that poor Oprah (and I use that term VERY loosely) was just terrified about the idea of actually EATING what Rachael cooked. Pizza with actual sausage, pancetta, cheese, and crust. Not that imitation stuff, but a real pie? Yeah, she looked like she was thinking she'd have to break out a size bigger clothes just from looking at the food. But then she did say she was on ner way to Africa the next day to help choose children for her special school, so maybe she figured she could afford to eat a slice or two of real pizza. And I did notice that Rachael's show was produced by Oprah's Harpo productions, which would explain why Rachael kept saying "Thanks, I owe everything to you." Now I get it. But if I was Oprah, I would have insisted on being the first guest. Diane Sawyer was pretty interesting, but if I'm bankrolling the whole thing, I'm gonna at least get to sit on that cool couch before anyone else does.
Anyone else seen the show? If not, check it out on your local channel and let me know what you think.
Overall, I think it's pretty YUM-O, as Rachael would say.

0 comments: