Wednesday, September 27, 2006

J ended up w/the megafluvirus. Yeah. That's right. The same one that's been haunting me for days. I felt great yesterday, but today...not so much. Today I felt like I'd been run over with a truck. At least for the first half of the day. The 2nd half...well, I felt great. Instead of feeling like crap, I suddenly started feeling pretty darned good all of a sudden. This is the weirdest virus I've ever had! It's CRAZY! It won't go away and it keeps coming back all of a sudden and rendering me absolutely worthless for a period of time and then completely dissapearing! It's making me look like a flaky faker who wants to just get out of work! (SO not true!)
But at least I'm feeling better now.
J sent me a text and told me he was going home early today. He NEVER goes home early. And he's already called in sick for tomorrow. Yeah, that's when you KNOW he's feeling lousy. And I know exactly how he's feeling because I dealt with that all weekend long.
Tonight, I'm feeling great and actually made myself some pumpkin soup for dinner. Sounds gross, I know, but it is SO good! (It's savory, not sweet like pumpkin pie.) And I managed to polish off almost an entire bottle of cheap white zinfandel. Not on purpose...I just got too into my book I was reading and kept pouring myself more wine. I looked up and the bottle was almost entirely gone! This is what happens when I get busy reading and not paying attention to how much wine I'm drinking! Holy crap, I am going to have one heck of a headache tomorrow! Not good. It's a good thing I don't usually get distracted to notice how much wine I've had!
Just a note...it may be cheap but Sutter Home White Zinfandel tastes pretty darned good! :)
Hope you're having a fun night tonight.

0 comments: