Tuesday, September 26, 2006

7 posts with no comments. Not that I'm counting or anything. :)

Got a quick funny story for you. And need advice about what to do...

We were on a walk with our class and my co-teacher says to the kids "Look kids, there's some chrysantheeums." Yes, you read that right. She said it like I spelled it...chrysantheeums. And kept on saying it, over and over and OVER! She said "Say it with me...chrysantheeums." I gritted my teeth and pretended not to hear her mispronouncing this word AGAIN AND AGAIN and teaching the kids to mispronounce it over and over until finally, I said "Chrysanthemums". And you know what she said? She said "Oh, you're from Texas, aren't you?" I said "UH, NO, I'm from Oklahoma and it's called a chrysanthemum!" See? Pronunciation: kris-AN-the-mum. Click here to make sure I'm right. It was all I could do to keep from yelling that to her. I mean...come on, why do you think it's called "mum" for short?


Yeah...this is from the woman who drives the car w/the bumper sticker that says "Goddess Bless America". Trust me, I take much pride in reading our weekly Bible story in front of her and playing our "Sing and Play Ole' Bible songs CD every single day. Can I get an AMEN?!

0 comments: