Monday, October 02, 2006

On one of my many shopping trips, I happened to pick up an advertisement for Jumbo's Pumpkin Patch. I thought it looked like fun but didn't really think we'd go. I have a million and one flyers laying around just waiting for the "some day" when we'll actually get in the car and GO to one of the cool places around this area. (Trust me...come visit and I'll get out the file and let you pick where we go. Right, Leslie?)Anyway, I casually mentioned it to Jason and to my suprise he agreed. Jumbo's is about 45 minutes away from here in Middletown, Maryland. They have hayrides, a corn maze, a craft building, food, a kids building, and of course a huge "pick your own" pumpkin patch. We did the maze and took a hayride to the patch where we each picked out our own pumpkin. Then we went to look in the craft barn (and can you believe I didn't buy anything?!) and then went into the checkout barn. We picked out 4 small gourds, some pumpkin butter, apple butter and a huge mum and only spent $30.00 for the whole day! It was great! I took pictures, but I'll have to upload them another time. (I've been on this computer all night w/stuff for next week's lesson plan and I'm tired!)

Anyway, I came home and put my pumpkins, gourds and mum (chrysanthemum!) on the front porch. Last week, I found a really cool round apple basket with lid that I think had fallen out of the back of someone's truck. The mum looks so good in it! I'll be sure to take a picture of it soon and show you.

Now, a note to any of you curious about pumpkin butter:
It is SO GOOD! This morning I made myself a peanut butter and pumpkin butter sandwich for breakfast. YUM! It kindof tastes like apple butter (sweet, cinnamon-y, spicy and smooth). Now that wouldn't be a PB & J since there's no jelly. Would it be a PB & PB sandwich? Maybe a PBx2? Whatever you want to call it, it is good. Try it and let me know what you think.

0 comments: