Monday, August 28, 2006

Subject: Letter to irate parent
(In which I apologize for nothing, really. But it sounds good and will look like I'm being professional.)

Dear Irrational and Irate Parent,

Please accept my sincere apology for making you feel attacked yesterday evening. It was not my wish to do so and I regret that my choice of words offended you or was taken negatively. It is my goal to always remain professional, polite, and courteous and I am sorry if you felt my behavior did not reflect this goal. I make every effort to be fair in the classroom and I apologize if you feel this was not the case. One of the things I value most in this profession is the relationship between teacher and parent and I will continue to make every effort to see that this relationship is a positive one. I assure you that this situation will in no way reflect upon my relationship with your child, as this would be both unwise and unprofessional. Again, I apologize and would hope that we can put this incident behind us for the benefit of everyone involved.

Sincerely,

Very irriated 3 year old teacher who is writing this letter to "be the bigger person" and apologize when really I have nothing (NOTHING!) to apologize for. Your kid is a brat and no one has the cajones to tell you to your face.

Lord help me if my boss ever reads this letter, but I have not included the names, so I should be OK, right?

0 comments: