Friday, July 14, 2006

Wow! What a week! I am so glad that vacation Bible school is over for the kids in my class! It turns the day upside down and the kids are just so hyped up when they return to class that they do not listen at all! So, I'm reading a new book that I hope will help w/these behavior problems we've been having. It's called 1-2-3 Magic and I'm only on chapter 10, but if it does what the author says it does then I'll have a quieter, more well-behaved class in a matter of months. Let's hope it works, because nap times right now make me want to leave for lunch and not come back! Well, OK, it's not that bad, but the thought has certainly crossed my mind! :)
Anyway, I encourage any of you to read this book and let me know what you think. We'll try it out together and report back here about how it works. :) Sound like a plan?
I tried a few of the techniques mentioned in the book and got immediate results today at nap time...but this kid's parents are the ones who told me about the book, so I'm sure they use this procedure at home.

0 comments: