Monday, June 26, 2006

I can't believe it's already Monday! This weekend was SO nice! Laurie and Jay were in D.C. for a few days so that Laurie could go to a conference and they came over for a little while. We took them to Brewbaker's for dinner and we all had a nice time. It was good to catch up with Laurie and visit with her if even for a short time. Oh, and she brought me an early birthday present...Philosophy's Pure Grace perfume. It smells SO good! Just clean like soap and water. Nice for summer. Thanks, Laurie!

Then on Saturday, Jason and I got up and drove into D.C for some exploring. We've always wanted to try a restaurant I heard of called the Cactus Cantina. So, we drove in and found it and man, it was well worth the drive! The food was amazing and it wasn't very expensive at all. Their salsa and margaritas were awesome! I'm sure I'll have to try to recreate that salsa I had there. Roasted tomato salsa...YUM! Then, Jason wanted to suprise me and take me somewhere I've never been before, so we went to the zoo. It was pretty late in the day by the time we got there and it was so muggy you could barely breathe so we decided we'd save that for another day. But it sure was a nice idea, honey! Thanks for thinking of it and being spontaneous!:)

On Sunday, we just ran some errands and did some shopping. Nothing to exciting, but it was nice to be able to just do whatever we wanted and not have to clean house or anything. I like having company on a week night, because by the time the weekend rolls around, my house is already clean! :)

Hope everyone else had a fun and relaxing weekend!

0 comments: