Monday, April 17, 2006

OK, so most of the time I try to respect my husband's wishes and not blog about things I know he wouldn't want me talking about. Oh no. Not this time. I am so blogging this!

I am so mad right now! And most of you would probably tell me I'm crazy to be mad about this. Why am I mad? Because my husband got on one of his cleaning kicks. Not just any cleaning spree, mind you. This was amazing. Stuff that had been sitting around in piles for a month (just papers waiting to be filed in the file cabinet, etc. nothing gross.) everything just miraculously disappeared. Unfortunately, so did the two very important things that were waiting for me to finish them. Where were these papers? RIGHT UNDER MY NOSE! Literally! Well, OK actually, they were under his wallet sitting right next to the keyboard on which I was busy typing at the time in question. But I was practically sitting on top of these papers.

Early in the evening, I mentioned to him that I had about 45 minutes to an hour worth of emails to write, papers to file, files to download, and general things to do. I even made a point of saying things like "I'm really having trouble concentrating with you hovering around me" and "honey, just a few more minutes and I'll be done and I can help you clean". Did this deter him in the least? No! The man continues to "clean" around me. And these papers he moved? One was a reply for a movie club saying if you don't reply we'll automatically send you a movie you're not really interested in. And the other paper? A piece of paper folded in fourths, secretly detailing where we are going on his suprise birthday adventure.

You see, every year, I try to suprise him. And every single year, he finds out. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Now let me tell you that things like this have happened before. He has lost, shredded, filed, or just moved some very important things. One time, he was cleaning and he actually "lost" a bowling ball. LOST! A bowling ball! (Don't ask. Said bowling ball has since been found and we have laughed a lot over the story. But tonight, that story is not so funny!)

Where did I end up finding these "important papers"? In a folder where he had "organized" the things on the desk. AAGGGGHH!!! So help me...if he found out what this present is, I swear there will never be another present of any kind! EVER! Suprise or no suprise. He totally enjoys trying to guess what I'm planning. Why can't some people just relax and enjoy the fact that someone wants to do something nice for them?!

Anyone have any similar stories? I'd love to hear them! Maybe when my blood pressure gets back to normal and I simmer down a little, I'll actually be able to concentrate long enough to finish my list of things to do. AARRRGGGHH!!

0 comments: