Sunday, March 05, 2006

I got some new plants this weekend! I got some Hens and Chicks, a beautiful tropical bromeliad called "guzmania"(had to look that up cause I had no idea what in the world it was or how to take care of it or anything). I also got a golden pothos, a purple "Wandering Jew" (where do they come up with these names?), and an herb garden kit that has chives, cilantro, basil, parsley and thyme.

Now if I can just manage to keep these plants alive! I think my biggest thing is at times I overwater and other times I completely forget to water them at all. For example, my beautiful pink Mandevilla that I bought at Lowe's last year. It was gorgeous! And I didn't kill it all last summer! YEAH! But then it got cold and I had to bring it inside. Well, the only place the cats couldn't get to it was on top of my kitchen cabinets. Guess what? I totally forgot to water it and now it's dead. Good thing I kept the receipt and it's only been a few months since I bought it! I LOVE LOWE'S for their return policy.

Hmmm...maybe I should have bought all these other plants there too! Now I'm off to research all these plants I bought to try to keep from killing them. Wish me luck!

0 comments: