Wednesday, August 24, 2005

OK, no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I promise! Just had nothing too blog-worthy to report until now.

I'm in the process of starting a cooking club and that has been what I've been focused on since this weekend. Not really sure how it's going to go yet, but I'm pretty excited about the response I've gotten so far.

Here are my ideas thus far:
We will meet for our fist meeting at a local coffee shop and get things started.
At this meeting, I want to propose my ideas and ask for suggestions and see what the others have in mind. I suggest that at the first meeting we have a sign up sheet and everyone sign up to host a dinner the 3rd Thursday of every month. We will have a different hostess every month and that the hostess decide the "theme" for her dinner. I have thought of several themes to choose from or they can choose their own, whatever. The hostess will be given an apron to designate her as the hostess. This way if any guests come, they will immediately recognize the apron wearer as the hostess. The hostess will announce the theme and the rest of the members must bring something that ties in to that month's theme. I want to make sure that everyone feels comfortable and doesn't stress out about trying to impress other people, etc. Myself for example, I know I don't have enough seats for a crowd, so we'll make do and eat on the patio or in the living room, or wherever someone decides they want to eat. I don't want people to think they have to run out and buy a larger dining room table and matching chairs to accommodate everyone. I want this cooking club to be a way for people to make new friends who enjoy cooking and sharing their food and recipes with other people. Oh yeah, and to discourage someone "cheating" and buying something to pass off as something they made, they must bring the recipe for the food they cooked for that night. And everyone has to help the hostess clean up after dinner.

Do I still have someone reading this? I'm amazed! I just wanted to brainstorm for a minute and put things in writing so they sound clearer to me. How do my ideas sound? Does it sound fun or like too many rules?

In other news, I'm signing up this week (I hope) to be a Pampered Chef rep. I'm pretty excited about it, since I LOVE Pampered Chef products and have wanted to do this since I first talked to a rep back in '98. I also used to be a rep for Country Bunny Bath and Body and am thinking about joining back up to be a rep with them again too but I think I will get my PC business off the ground first and look into CBBB later. (MB if you're reading this, CALL ME!)

This past weekend, hubby got a present. DirectTV with 120 channels plus local channels, satelite radio stations, and their "all sports package" so he can watch his Oklahoma teams. Guess the football/basketball/baseball watching parties will be at the Crafty household! Hmmm....maybe I can get out of watching sports if I say I'll cook food for the games. :)

So that's what's going on with me lately. Just working, brainstorming about my cooking club and still living the Summer of Salsa. People are STILL giving us bags and bags of fresh tomatoes! Yay for us, but I am getting a little tired of making salsa. Actually, my husband actually heard me yell "NO MORE SALSA!" this weekend when I cut my thumb while slicing the jalapenos. YOWCH!!!!! Hey, when I sign up to be a PC rep, I won't have to do that anymore, cause I'll have my handy dandy chopper. Can't wait for that! :) Don't worry, the cut was little, but the juice for the jalapenos sure didn't feel very good!

And by the way...no, I won't try to sell all my friends something, so don't be afraid to call me ladies! :)

0 comments: