Tuesday, November 16, 2004

I've been a busy girl since my last post! The trip to VA was fun, but tiring. Hubby and I didn't actually get to spend much time together while I was there. He had a super busy week with a few dinner meetings and I had meetings all week with real estate agents and we took several trips to schools in the VA/WV areas. I finally settled on Shepherd University in WV.

After deciding on a school, I was able to start looking for us a house to buy. We were in for quite a rude awakening when we found out the cost of real estate there! Modest 3 bedroom homes are usually in the $160,000 to $185,000 range!!! And we're not talking anything really fancy here, just something that is in good shape and has been well-taken care of...not mansions or great big fancy houses by any means!
And to think we were hesitant to buy the house for $95,000 here in Muskogee because it seemed like such a huge amount of money!

Yes, my hubby is getting a raise with this move, but it's not THAT much! But we did decide to put a contract on a cute little house yesterday. There is another couple with a contract on it too, so we'll have to wait and see which of them the seller accepts. If we get the house, at least we'll have plenty of room for guests to come visit! (AHEM! Hear that, folks! Come visit me!)

Also, I went to Lawton Saturday, Sunday, and Monday for a visit. I went to a poetry reading with one of my very best friends on Saturday. Afterwards, we had champagne and chocolate and a really nice visit. (If you're reading this, MC, call me! I miss you!) My sister had a really nice baby shower on Sunday and I got to visit with friends and family I hadn't seen in a while. It was nice.

Now I have a week's worth of playing catch-up to do with school assignments. YUCK! But at least it will make the time go by quickly and it will be Thanksgiving before I know it and time for another visit w/my honey! :)

0 comments: