Wednesday, June 16, 2004

OK, I cannot believe the stupidity of some people. I just went to renew the tags on 2 of my husband's vehicles. One is a '71 Chevy truck and the other is a '69 Camaro. The girl at the tag office does all the paperwork at a snail's pace and to save time, she writes '71 chevy and '69 chevy on the tickets. She then asks me, "Do you think your husband will know the difference between the '71 Chevy and the '69 Chevy?" I just said, "Uh, yeah" and hurried out of there. OK, yes, I know they are both Chevy's but one is a car and the other is a truck! Big difference! And they are HIS vehicles, you know. This is the kind of stuff I've been dealing with ever since I moved to this town.

Last night when I went to the grocery store, the checker was telling me about how she gets off work at 1 am and when she goes home, she turns the ringer off of her phone because her ex-husband likes to call and wake her up in the middle of the night. Now, I'm all for friendly conversation, but that is just too much! I didn't ask to know all about your private life, lady. Just give me my total, take my money and tell me to have a nice day, OK? And don't even get me started describing the guy who took our money at Pizza Inn when we ate there. To say that he needed major dental work would be the understatement of the year. He had like 8 teeth in his head and those were grey and rotting out! GROSS! Never eating there again. I love living here in Muskogee, I really do. But the people here never cease to amaze me. I try not to make fun because that is not nice. But man, sometimes it is hard not to!

On my way inside from running my errands today, one of my neighbor ladies was also getting out of her car and I said hello. Let me mention that in our 8 or 10 duplexes, my husband and I are BY FAR the youngest people on our street. The couple who lives next door to me must be in their late 60's or early 70's and they are both so hard of hearing that they yell to each other. We can hear them through the walls and actually understand what they're saying to each other, they are so loud! But, I digress. Anyway, the lady and I said hello and she asked me if we play cards. Well, actually, yes we do play cards, I told her. Now I think she'll be dropping by with her son to play Yahtzee. What have I done? She seems nice, so it may be fun. I'm just hoping I don't regret telling her that we play cards. She may be dropping by when my house is a mess and I'm walking around in just my ratty old t-shirt and shorts, having just exercised like a madwoman. Who knows? At least it will be interesting. Will have to warn my husband.

0 comments: