Friday, June 11, 2004

LONG POST! :)
Wow oh wow! A lot has happened since my last post. I got married! Woohoo! I am thoroughly enjoying being a newlywed and all that it entails. We had a blast in Vegas.
On the way home, we went to the Grand Canyon. Breathtaking. Pictures do not do it justice. You absolutely must see this at least once in your life. I'm not an overly spiritual person most of the time, but standing there surrounded by the incredible beauty of the Canyon, you cannot help but acknowledge the existence of a higher power. It is really and truly one of the best things I have ever done. Of course, I took lots of pictures, both in Vegas and at the Grand Canyon. They are now proudly displayed in the gallery that is my living room and on the desktop of my computer. Jason and I moved right after we got back from Vegas. He got a management job at Kingsdown, Inc. in Muskogee, OK. and we moved over Memorial Day weekend. It is really beautiful here in this part of Oklahoma. It is lush and green and there are lakes everywhere. (Thus the title "Lake Country".) I am adjusting to being jobless. I've found that I really like it, but also that I can't be without a job for much longer. I am so BORED! Jason hasn't got his first paycheck yet, so our finances are...well they are virtually nonexistant right now! Can't wait until he gets his first check and I can actually buy something. You know, I'm not a big shopper normally, but even buying myself something small would make me feel better after several months of no shopping at all. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. Except for buying groceries, which for someone who likes to cook as much as I do, is actually fun. Today my friend Jennifer came with her to kids. They live in Broken Arrow, which to my happy surprise, is only 30 minutes away. 33 to be exact from my driveway to hers. Woohoo! Now I have someone I know that I can visit while Jason is at work. Since we moved, I have been so bored that I have been cooking massive amounts of food. In Stillwater, that would be fine, because I had lots of broke college-student friends who were more than happy to take some home-cooked leftovers home with them. Not so here. We recently went to a Chinese restaurant here in town and they were having a drawing for a free dinner for 4. Normally, I put my name in for every drawing I see. This time, I joked that if we won, we'd have to make someone come visit us before we could cash it in because we don't actually know 2 other people in this town. Today we've been married for a month exactly. So far, I love it. Wish me luck that I will still be saying the same after a few years. lol

0 comments: