Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We survived the plane trip! I can't believe how great the kids were on the plane. Of course it helped that I had a diaper bag packed with every distraction I could possibly think of and that I had a sweet lady sitting next to me who was a grandma and great grandma many times over. I think God put her on that plane just so she could help me. It turns out she lives in Grandfield and her daughter (in-law?) knows my mom. It's definitely a small world!

Anyway, the kids did great and after only a short rain delay we arrived in OKC around 7:30. My mom picked us up at the airport and helped us get our baggage to the car. And boy what a lot of it we had! I tried to bring as little as possible but when you're gone from home for almost 6 weeks with two little ones you kinda have to take everything but the kitchen sink! We had 2 carseats, 3 suitcases, E's backpack, the diaper bag and my purse. Plus Audrey in her stroller and Easton. It was quite a scene. (If you're friends with me on Facebook, I posted pictures there. I'll add them here if I get a chance after I get back home.)

We left the airport and stopped at Zio's on the way home for dinner. OH MY GOODNESS it was amazing! We had some hot, fresh bread and garlic/herb olive oil for dipping. I could make a meal on that stuff! I also had some awesome roasted vegetable lasagna which immediately made me close my eyes and groan with happiness and think of the "When Harry Met Sally" diner scene. Oh yeah. It was that good! :)

We got to my grandma's house around 11pm that night and the kids had slept from OKC to Lawton and gone without a nap all day so they were WIRED when we got there. I think they finally fell asleep around 2:30am.

Saturday and Sunday went by in a sleep-deprived blur. I do seem to remember some really good food and visiting with lots of my family which was exactly what I needed. I will definitely have to quit staying up so late talking and remember that I'll be here for a MONTH so there's plenty of time to visit during the day.

I imagine the rest of the month will fly by in a blur of busy-ness (is that a word?), cooking, cleaning, visiting and running around town. And lots of trips to Wayne's for vanilla Cokes. If you're in Lawton I hope to see you while I'm here!

1 comments:

Katy said...

Hope you're having a great time! Miss you. Kiss my babies for me!!