Monday, May 10, 2010

One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to write a children's book. Well it took me a while but I did it! It's just a basic, simple, silly story based on a game I play with my kids. I learned this from my parents and grandparents and now my own kids love it too. You probably even play a version of it with your little ones (or have in the past).
Here's my story:

I'm Gonna Getcha!

When I was little my grandma said to me
(slowly, slowly, slowly)
She said "I'm...gonna...getcha, getcha, getcha right there!"
And she'd tickle, tickle, tickle til I giggle, giggle, giggled.

Now you're my little one and I love to say to you
(slowly, slowly, slowly)
I say "I'm…gonna…getcha, getcha, getcha right there!
And I tickle, tickle, tickle til you giggle, giggle, giggle.

Now you've got a little sister and I love to say to her
(slowly, slowly, slowly)
I say " I'm…gonna…getcha, getcha, getcha right there!
And I tickle, tickle, tickle til she giggle, giggle, giggles.

One day you'll have a little one all your own and you'll love to say to them
(slowly, slowly, slowly)
You'll say " I'm…gonna…getcha, getcha, getcha right there!
And you'll tickle, tickle, tickle til they giggle, giggle, giggle.


I just submitted it to Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories contest. The winner gets $5,000 and their book will be published and inside Cheerio boxes in 2011. WOW! Wouldn't that be an honor! You can enter at http://promo.simonandschuster.com/spoonfulsofstories/. There's no limit to how many times you can enter so I'm definitely going to get busy writing and enter some more stories. This one was just hastily written in about 10 minutes while I was changing diapers this morning. Can't wait to get busy! You can enter until July 15th, 2010. Get busy writing! :)

1 comments:

Jen said...

COOL! I would love to do this too! don't know if I'll find time...but maybe while I'm sitting at ball games I can bring a notepad and pencil and jot some ideas down! Thanks for the link sweetie pie!