Sunday, March 21, 2010

We had a busy weekend. Lots of playing outside, cooking dinner on the grill and getting stuff done. It was really nice. We did lots of laundry, cleaned a TON, planted the forsythia and lavender I bought last week, played ball with Easton, ate lunch on the front porch and just had a fantastic weekend. He was so cute today! He saw two birds in the sky and said "Hi birds!" Then he looked at me and said "Mama, catch it!" He put his arms out and tried to catch the birds flying overhead. Such a sweetie! I haven't taken any pictures all weekend. I was just too busy runnin after Easton and taking care of Audrey to get out the camera!

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so Easton will be heartbroken that he can't go outside but maybe he'll live. I'm trying to think of something fun to do inside. Maybe we'll make a tent in the living room and read lots of books. That sounds pretty fun to me! Maybe we'll even have a carpet picnic in our tent. We'll see.

Oh man...I had to buy Audrey a big kid car seat this weekend. I can't believe she's outgrown her infant carrier! She weighs 20.9 lbs and is 29 1/2 inches long. She'll be 10 months old a week from today. Of course I've already started planning her birthday party. Any excuse to plan a party and I'm a happy girl! I'm thinking of doing a "Pinkalicious" themed cupcake party. If you haven't read the book called Pinkalicious, it is SO cute! It's about a girl who loves pink and eats too many pink cupcakes. Every little girl needs a copy of this sweet book! (Hint, hint! We don't own that one yet!) There's also a Purplicious and a Goldilicious. Can't wait to read those. And can't wait to have Audrey's party! Has it really been a year already (almost)?! This past year has flown by in a haze of bottles, diapers, formula and many, many pots of coffee. I'm already missing my "little baby" but am perfectly content with my family as it is. No more little ones for this tired mama! (Although someone may have to remind me of that in a few years.)

I can't believe I was wearing shorts and running around outside while all of my family in Oklahoma was dealing with SNOW! On the first day of Spring! So glad all we're getting from that is a little rain tomorrow. I am NOT a fan of the cold/snow/ice. None for me, thanks! Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend!

0 comments: