Thursday, July 09, 2009

There are just not enough hours in the day to get done all of the things I want to do. I've "written" about a dozen blog posts in my head but haven't had time to post them here. As of right now, it's 4:05 pm and I'm still in my pajamas. The dryer just buzzed (again!) and I really should be thinking about what to fix for dinner. But the kids are both asleep (it's a miracle!) and I wanted to take a quick minute to post an update on the last few days.

4th of July - what a great day! I convinced Jason to put off mowing the yard for one more day and we just hung out with the kids all day. Jason put the car seats in the Camaro and we took the kids for a ride to Sonic. THAT was funny! Honey, I bet you never thought you'd be buckling car seats into the 'maro, did you?!

I think Easton liked going for a ride in Daddy's cool car.

The boys in the 'maro Easton and the Camaro

After the trip to Sonic, we came home and put the kids down for a nap. Then we did a few things around the house (finally hung some pictures on the walls, picked up the clutter, etc). After E woke up from his nap, we all went out on the deck and watched Easton play in his pool.

All of those toys in the pool and look what he wants to play with. He had fun seeing how big of a splash he could make every time he dropped in a bottle of water.

At dinner time, we fired up the grill and cooked some "burburs" as Easton calls them. We had burgers, potato salad and baked beans. After dinner, we made s'mores. (I have a pic of Easton and his first s'mores mess but my camera is on the charger. I'll put it up next time I get a chance.) After we cleaned up from the messy s'mores, we got both of the kids into their pajamas and bundled them up. It was COOL outside! I was wearing long pants, socks and shoes instead f flipflops and a jacket. In JULY!!! We sat outside at the end of our driveway and watched the neighborhood fireworks. Our neighbors from two houses across the street from us were out and they all came over and sat with us and visited in our driveway for a couple of hours. It was really nice. Easton LOVED the fireworks. He kept saying "Wowee!" and "Cool!" Thankfully he had a long, late nap earlier in the day because he really enjoyed the fireworks and wasn't scared a bit.

My birthday - I took the kids to Walmart to buy a few groceries. While I was there, an older man came up to admire the kids. He said "Wow! Two beautiful babies and one more on the way! Aren't you lucky?!" I didn't correct him and tell him I'm not pregnant. Ugh! That was NOT fun! As if taking two kids under two to Walmart isn't hard enough on its own, now I have people telling me I'm fat too. Thanks, Mister! I know you were just trying to be nice but it really wasn't.
That not-so-fun experience aside, it really was a nice day. I got lots of calls, texts, emails and cards and that really made me feel good. (Thank you!) I asked for an ice cream maker and Jason got it for me. One of my favorite 4th of July memories from when I was little was eating homemade strawberry (or banana) ice cream. Now I can share that with my kids. I also got a new coffee mug (I asked for that too), and a new purse.

For dinner, Jason brought home crab legs, salad and wine. (SIX bottles! Good thing I know there's a discount when you buy 6 bottles or I'd think he had an ulterior motive.) We had a really nice, relaxing evening and went to bed early. Wow! Can we do this every year?! It was great!

That's about it for us. The rest of the time, we've been hanging out around the house. I've just been doing housework and taking care of babies. It's fun and wonderful and exhausting and stressful and amazing and beautiful. I wouldn't trade this job for anything.


Anonymous said...

Cars eats in the Camaro..I never thought I would see the day!!! =) I gotta say my match making skills made for some VERY adorable kids! You all look like you had a fun outing to Sonic.