Thursday, May 14, 2009

Easton,
We get to meet your sister soon. Right now I am enjoying spending lots of one on one time with you because soon your sister will be here and I'll need to be feeding her or changing her or giving her my attention. I know this will be hard on all of us but I hope you know that just because Mama is busy with sister, it doesn't mean I am too busy for you. You are Mama's little buddy and I am going to do everything I can to make sure you know just how special you are to me.

You made me something I've wanted to be all of my life...a mom. I learned so much about myself and about what's important in life just from being your Mama. I'm trying to grasp the fact that you're growing up and that you are not a baby anymore. You are so independent these days and I am glad. I love seeing you do things for yourself and at the same time, it's sad that you need me a little less these days.

Your new favorite word is "fiesty". I crack up every time you say it because I called you that one day when you were overtired and cranky and we were on our way home for you to take a nap. Out of frustration, I said "Easton, you're being a little fiesty" and you laughed and said "vasty, vasty, vasty" for the rest of the day. When I'm tired, frustrated or cranky all it takes is one of your sweet smiles or a funny new favorite word from you to make me feel "all better".

I love you, my sweet, funny boy.

Love,
Mama

0 comments: