Saturday, May 02, 2009

Apparently deciding to pack my bag for the hospital gave Miss Audrey the impression we were ready to meet her. While I am SO ready to be done being pregnant AND we really are looking forward to meeting our little girl, I didn't mean I wanted to meet her this morning!

Last night, my back was hurting a lot. Nothing unusual, it's been hurting a lot for months. Then we went to Kohl's and came home. Apparently I walked around a little too much (but didn't know it at the time). I started having some contractions this morning about 1 a.m. I timed them and they were about 5 minutes apart and lasted about 30-45 seconds each. My doctor told me if I had 5 or more contractions in an hour then it was time to head to the hospital for a check up. Just as I had about decided to go in, the contractions stopped. Hooray!

I went back to sleep only to wake up again around 4:45 with more contractions. I decided just to head on into the hospital for a check just to be on the safe side. Easton was sleeping and I didn't want Jason to wake him up for what I thought was probably going to be a false alarm so they both stayed home and I drove myself to the E.R. Sure enough, they hooked me up to the monitor and I didn't have a SINGLE contraction while I was there!

I'm glad I didn't but at the same time it sure made me look silly for going in for a checkup for nothing. Of course, I don't feel too bad about it. The nurses and doctor were super nice and didn't make me feel silly about it at all. They said what I had been thinking all along, which was it was better to be safe than sorry and it was a good thing I went in. I'm sure they've seen that tons before and at least I wasn't panicked or freaking out thinking the baby was on the way right then. I just sat there listening to the baby's heartbeat on the monitor, read my book a little and waited til the doctor told me I could go home.

YAY! I was a little panicked about what we were going to do if it was the real deal and we had the baby early. Jason would have to take off work, we'd have to find someone to watch Easton, my mom would miss being here with the baby is born, etc, etc. What a mess that would have been! I gave Audrey a stern talking to on my way to the hospital and told her we weren't quite ready for her to make her big debut just yet. Must have worked. Good girl...already listening to her mama. :)

I got home after about an hour and a half or two hours. I think it was around 7:30 this morning when I came in. Jason was great. He got a lot more sleep than I did so he let me go back to bed and he got up with Easton when he woke up. It was nice to be able to sleep in a little after that craziness!


Anonymous said...

Hey sweet girl! I hope Audrey Grace waits for me to get there, but just in case, next time maybe you might want to catch a ride rather than drive yourself...just in case things progress very rapidly. Chances are that won't be an issue, but that highway is scary country if you need help in a hurry. All my love, Mom

Jen said...

WOW...close call! Audrey's in a hurry, eh? :o)
I'm with your mom on this one driving yourself to the hospital anymore! Yikes!

I can't think of the name Audrey without telling you about one of my friends whose daughter's name is Audrey. She just started making and selling custom baby items. Go check out her blog. You'll be double(ly) delighted because all of her samples say "Audrey"! :o)
Hey...we should totally sign you up to receive all of her embroidered clothes when she out-grows them!! Her Audrey just had her 1st birthday last they'd be the right seasons and everything!

Jen said...

oh is her website