Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well, I'm gonna have to wait to give my review of the copycat Panera sandwiches we had for dinner. Allergies strike again and have left me with zero sense of taste and smell. Not too great for trying out new recipes. I'll go ahead and post the recipe here though in case anyone is interested. No telling how long this bout of allergies will last. YUCK! What's the fun in eating if you can't taste it?! Hmm...could be a new form of weight loss for after I have the baby? If I can't taste it I'll surely eat less. :)

Chipotle Mayonnaise

1/2 cup mayo (I used Hellman's light)
2 chipotle peppers, chopped and seeds removed
2 teaspoons adobo sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon oregano

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.

Note: I had a hard time finding the can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce I needed for this recipe. I finally found them at Walmart in the Latin foods section on the very bottom row of the shelf. Also, I may not have been able to taste but I could sure tell this was S-P-I-C-Y! My mouth was burning but I couldn't taste what made it burn. Weird. Anyway, use this mayo sparingly if you don't like spicy stuff.

***Update***My allergies have let up some today because of all the rain we've had. I made turkey sandwiches with this chipotle mayo for lunch and WOW! YUM! They were really good! Spicy but good. You should try it.

0 comments: