Thursday, July 03, 2008

4th of July tomorrow already?! We are still trying to decide what to do tomorrow. J's off work and of course it will be E's first 4th so we want to do something fun. One day I would really like to go to D.C. to see the big fireworks extravaganza that I used to watch on tv when I was little but I don't think we'll be doing that this year. I'm interested to see how E will react to the fireworks. It will be past his bedtime so we might just stay home and let him sleep and watch the fireworks in our neighborhood from our porch. But I kinda wanted to do something a little more FUN! Well, not that staying at home and hanging out w/my honey wouldn't be fun but you know what I mean.

I really miss our big family get-togethers we used to have for the 4th of July. It was always an especially fun time for me when I was little because my birthday is the 7th and I could kinda pretend all the fuss and fireworks were for my birthday. I know, I know...I was a self-centered little cuss when I was younger but hey, wouldn't you like to pretend the same? I mean I got to have cake and presents, homemade ice cream and sweet, cold watermelon AND fireworks! YAY! :)

When we went to D.C. the last time, we were privileged enough to be able to see the original "Star-Spangled Banner" while they were working to restore it. It was so amazing to be in the presence of such an important part of our nation's history that it gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. Very, very cool.

Click here for more info about the flag


What are you doing for the 4th? (Or what did you do if you're reading this after the big day?)

We might just stay home after all. Cook out burgers on the grill, have lemonade and roast marshmallows over the grill for s'mores. Sounds pretty yummy to me! Anybody want to come over? It's just gonna be the three of us here...there's plenty of room around the grill for you to roast your marshmallows just the way you like 'em!

Happy Birthday, America!

0 comments: