Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What a great day yesterday! Easton and I had fun playing in the little wading pool/washtub thing in the late morning. It was sunny and a beautiful not-too-hot kind of day. I filled up the tub and slathered the sunscreen on us both. I stripped him down to just his diaper and plopped him and his bath toys into the tub. He had so much fun! You should have seen him splashing and laughing in the cool water. It was so cute!






I'm so glad we got to go outside and play before the big storm rolled in. I hadn't seen the weather so I just assumed it would be another quick-moving shower like we've been having lately. Nope! This one took me by surprise! It clouded up quickly and the rain started coming down in buckets. In the middle of the downpour, I heard the chairs blowing around on the deck so I quickly put on a rain jacket and went outside to rescue the chairs and take my flower/herb pots down from the rail of the deck. Well, I shouldn't have even bothered with the jacket because the rain was coming down so hard and the wind was blowing so fast it looked like it was raining sideways! I rescued the chairs, moved all eight (8!) of my pots down onto the deck and got inside as quickly as I could. Once inside, I had so much water on my glasses that I couldn't see, my clothes were soaked and the chairs and I were dripping water all over the carpet. I got the chairs into the garage, myself into dry clothes and mopped up the water on the carpet as best as I could.

All of that and the storm blew by in less than 15 minutes! We did have some very high winds and we lost one shingle. Could have been much worse though. I saw neighbors on the roof after the storm passed nailing down many more than one new shingle. Easton did well through the storm. It was his nap time and I don't like him being in his room by that big window when it's storming. I'm probably being way too cautious here but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I put Easton down for a nap on a quilt in the living room and he and I watched a movie and waited for the storm to pass. Well, I watched the movie while he rolled around and inspected every inch of the carpet. I don't know why I even bothered with putting a quilt down because he is at the age now where he is rolling and scooting everywhere!

I did 5 loads of laundry and watched the movie 27 Dresses. I'm glad I went ahead and watched it while Jason was at work because I loved it but he surely would have been bored with such a "girly movie". I love Kathereine Heigl and she was so cute in this movie!

After Jason got home from work, I made a pot of baked potato soup. We fed Easton and put him to bed and it was time for our weekly "date night". Date night at our house usually is just us watching a movie or playing cards but it is nice to have something to look forward to during the week. We watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets. It was pretty good but I liked the first one much better.




Today I'm cleaning the kitchen, mopping the floors and maybe cleaning the bathrooms. Then I'm rewarding myself by watching Atonement. We're finally getting our money's worth out of Netflix.

0 comments: