Tuesday, June 03, 2008

I don't know what it is about me lately but I have absolutely NO DRIVE! It is 4pm and I have not done one thing. Well, OK I have fed Easton 3 times and changed him and played with him and that is exactly what I need to be doing mostly but the boy is down for his 3rd nap of the day and I have not done one blessed thing except watch tv and read my book. I am supposed to go scrapbook with a friend tonight and I have to pack all my scrap stuff and pack Easton's diaper bag, do the dishes so I don't have to come home to a messy kitchen, fold 3 loads of laundry and still leave by 5. Not gonna happen.
We DID stay up late working outside last night planting flowers and moving out our pavers until about 10pm but still. I act like I'm on a permanent vacation some days and then I feel totally guilty and lazy because I didn't get anything done. Guess I probably just need to go back to making my schedule for the week and stick to it. That seems to help and I feel good about getting things done and not so guilty about slacking off if all the things are done on my list.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I understand Amy, I definitely have days like that. I think as long as we don't "indulge" ourselves with days like this all the time...having one every now and then is perfectly OK. Just imagine if our hubbies stayed at home....they wouldn't think twice about chillin on the couch (or mine wouldn't). As SAHM's we don't get "weekends" or "days off". We are "on" 24/7....so if we take an hour or two or even a whole day and just do what only absolutely HAS to be done and nothing else...I think it's well deserved! As we all know...the laundry and dishes won't go anywhere...they'll be waiting on us when we get to them...whether thats today or next week! :o)
Love ya!
Ps. And you're RIGHT...being E.'s mommy is the MOST important thing you can do and as long as you are doing that....well, then I'd say you're succesful!