Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Pictures...because I have 3 loads of laundry I do not want to fold. Shame on me! But lucky you...you get even MORE bloggy-goodness from the Crafty house.

Some of our vegetable plants. Sure, they're green and pretty now but check back with me in a month and we'll see if my brown thumb can be turned green.



Sweetie boy enjoying the warm breeze and a shady spot to sit.



Having fun kicking those chubby little feet.



This bird is what started my bird-watching book check-out spree. I haven't had time to look him up in one of the 3 books I got yesterday. I'll probably find he's just some common old everyday bird but I still wanted to find out. I'll let ya know.
I do know that we have some noisy old grackles that like to eat up all my birdseed before the pretty birds get it. I'll have to check out what to do about that. Maybe find some food that grackles don't like but other birds do. Hmmm...birdwatching seems like such a stuffy, little-old-lady hobby. :) Oh well! It's kinda fun.




Look, mama! I really CAN do it by myself! Are you watching?



My sunny, funny boy holding on to his crib for dear life. Sound asleep with a white-knuckle grip on the side of his bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a red-winged blackbird to me. They are common around here but I have no idea if their range extends that far East. I've often wondered why someone decided to call them red-winged blackbirds instead of black-bodied redbirds?????......

Dad

Amy said...

Dad,
Ding, ding, ding, ding ding! You win the prize! Yep. I looked it up. It IS a red-winged blackbird. The spots on the wings look orange and yellow to me but that's what it is.
I want the job of naming the birds. Whoever thought of the names towhee and titmouse really had an imagination!
Know what other job I want? Naming the paint colors! Now THAT'S a cool job! :)