Friday, January 18, 2008

Yuck! I have really got a case of the blahs today! I haven't left the house since Sunday and am definately feeling a little stir-crazy. I have class all day tomorrow in Harrisonburg and my instructor said we should get out around 3. Jason is watching Easton all day while I'm in class and I think my friend Katy and I are going to go shopping or see a movie after class. That will be the first time I have gone anywhere w/out Easton since he was born. I am really enjoying staying home with him but I am also VERY much looking forward to having some time where I know he's being taken care of but that I'm not the one doing the taking care of him, you know?

Last Saturday I had class all day and Jason had to work so Easton got to go to class with me. What better place to take your child than a class full of childcare workers? :) He was an angel the entire day! Didn't even fuss until 30 minutes before we were supposed to be let out for the day. And we were there from 7:30am to 5:00pm. And he made the rounds being held by about 10 of my classmates and didn't even seem to mind who it was that was holding him. I know that fear of strangers sometimes devlops in a few months, but it was nice to be able to let other people hold him without him freaking out. Hopefully he'll continue to be as easy-going as he is now and it won't matter too much who's holding him.

In other news, it snowed here about 4 inches yesterday. Since I didn't have to get out in it (or shovel it) I thought it was beautiful. Wednesday I got a phone call from Dr. B, Easton's new pediatrician. He was just checking up on us, making sure our first visit there went well and that he answered all of our questions when we were there. I was very impressed with his professionalism and told him so. I mean how many doctors actually take time out of there day to call you themselves just to check on you and your child? Pretty nice. He jokingly said that he'd try to live up to my high expectations but I think he'll do just fine.

That's about it for us. When you don't leave the house for days on end you don't really have that much to blog about. Easton is adorable as always and is sleeping 5-7 hours at a time now so we are all feeling better since we're getting more sleep. He's taking fewer naps during the day but sleeping longer at a time so now it's easier to get housework and homework done during the day. Thank goodness! :)