Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Remember when I was talking about not knowing too much about the presidential candidates? I found a good (hopefuly unbiased) website that I have found pretty helpful in starting to learn about the candidates.

Your Next President.net

I'm still not sure who I'll vote for but I really like what McCain said about teacher's pay.

Q: How can we attract the best and the brightest teachers, given the current salaries? A: I don’t see why a good teacher should be paid less money than a bad senator. It’s important that we have merit pay for teachers, that we have teacher testing, that we do everything we can to motivate young men and women to enter this profession. There’s a whole generation that’s retiring. It is unconscionable that the average salary of a lawyer is $79,000 a year and the average salary of a teacher is $39,000 a year

Source: Republican Debate at Dartmouth College Oct 29, 1999

0 comments: