Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm supposed to be watching the presidential debate right now. We dvr'd it last night and I am trying to watch it for the first time ever. I know, I know. I should have watched a debate before now. But something happens in my brain when they all start talking at the same time. It's like it short circuits or something. I want to scream at them like they're 3 year olds "Hey! Wait your turn! He's talking right now...you'll have your turn in a minute." For this very reason I also cannot watch anything on CNN (unless there's just one person doing the talking.) or ESPN. Well, I wouldn't watch ESPN anyway because I don't really care much about sports but ESPECIALLY when it's one of those shows w/a panel of guys talking about sports and they all talk at once and argue and all I hear is "wah wah wah wah" like the teacher's voince on Peanuts. I thought of 2 other resoutions I should have added to my list:
1. Learn more about politics, history and geography. 3 subjects in which I am most certainly NOT smarter than a 5th grader. Or maybe even a 3rd grader for that matter. It is really embarassingly bad how little I know about those topics. I actually OWN a book called "World History for Dummies". Guess I should read it. :)
and 2. Learn to drink my coffee with less stuff in it. As it is now, I use TONS of vanilla-flavored creamer and 1/2 a packet of Splenda in each cup. I can't imagine that all that stuff in my coffee could be very healthy. So I'm trying to learn to put less of "a skirt" on it, as my dad says. I'm not going to even try to cut down on the amount of coffe I drink. That would be next to impossible. But I can try to put less stuff in it when I do drink coffee. Don't know why this is something I want to try to do really...maybe to try to save $$$? Nope. Not really. I just want to taste more of the coffee flavor instead of all the creamer and sugar.

0 comments: