Saturday, December 29, 2007

Found this at http://www.sundrymourning.com/

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Broke my finger, had a baby, quit my job.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make resolutions last year. Will probably make some for next year, write them down, put them in my desk drawer, try them out for a week and promptly forget about them. Just like I do every year. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep. Me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandma Nanny. (Love and miss you, grandma!)
5. What countries did you visit?
None.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A huge fish tank. Seem random? I know, but I still want one.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 14-the day I had big romantic plans w/my hubby and then spent the evening being treated for a broken finger. This Valentine's Day has GOT to be better than that! October 28-the day I had my little sweetie boy Easton.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having Easton. (OK, see a theme here?)
9. What was your biggest failure?
None.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Broken finger, a kajillion colds and the flu from working at the daycare.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My ugly, comfy chair from Fabulous Finds in Winchester.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kelly
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can't think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Groceries. I love to cook and am ALWAYS out of something no matter how often I go to the store. The shopping list never ends.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finding out I was pregnant w/Easton. Really excited and also totaly freaked out.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
All the Pretty Horses. This is what I sing at about 3am or whenever I'm rocking E. Oh and see also question 38. :)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
Happier. Much happier. Fatter but for good reason. Poorer in the $ sense but richer in so many others. Sounds cliche but totally true.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Having date nights w/my honey.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. Throwing up.(Easton again.)
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Hanging out at home w/my 2 favorite men.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Yep. And he's sweet, bald and very kissable.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Women's Murder Club
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Don't HATE anyone. Dislike intensely? Oh yeah. But I disliked her intensely this time last year too. And no, I will not say more about who this person is. Sorry.
24. What was the best book you read?
Reading too many good books to count + a bad case of CRS = no title comes to mind.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
A new CD by Cross Canadian Ragweed
26. What did you want and get?
Diamonds from my hubby.
27. What did you want and not get?
A new cell phone. Will probably get one if I do what I've been threatening to do since about June and run over my phone w/my car. Oops! Gotta get a new phone!
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Again w/the CRS. Can't remember..stuff.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Drove around in a Penske truck on the way through Nashville and wished like crazy we could go sightseeing. I was 29. I'll be 29 next year on July 7th too.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Putting the person from question 23 in her place? Um, no. That's not very nice is it? How about getting organized.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Maternity wear and clothes that are comfy.
32. What kept you sane?
Talking things over w/Jason whenever I was stressed.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Don't really pay too much attention to celebrities. They're usually all pretty ridiculous. But I do like that this question says "fancy". :)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I am probably the most uninformed person on the planet about political issues. Definitely something I'm going to work on in 2008.
35. Who did you miss?
Everyone in OK.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Technically I met her when I started working at the daycare but we just really became friends this year. Definately Katy. Oh! And Laura.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
That worrying about things does not change how they will turn out. This is something I struggle with daily. Right before we moved from Muskogee, I went shopping w/Jenni and found a card that says:
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not to thine own under standing. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6
I bought this card and put it in my car where (supposedly) I could see it easily. Truthfully, I kind of forgot about it until this year when I was agonizing over whether we could afford for me to quit my job. I was stressing out and worrying while driving down the road and my eyes fell upon that card I bought that day. Bingo! It's like God was telling me "Hello! Don't worry about it! I'm gonna take care of you." And he did.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Can't think of one that sums up this year but the one that I've been singing lately (very badly and offkey...cause that's the way I sing everything)is an oldie by the Ronettes.

The night we met
I knew I needed you so
And if I ever had the (chance)
I'd never let you go
So won't you say you love me
I'll make you so proud of me
We'll make 'em turn their heads
Every place we go
So won't you please

(Chorus)
Be my, be my (baby)
Be my little baby
My one and only (baby)
Say you'll be my darling
Be my, be my (baby)
Be my baby now
Whoa whoa whoa

I'll make you happy, baby
just wait and see
For every kiss you give me
I'll give you three
Oh, since the day I saw you
I have been waiting for you
You know I will adore you
Till eternity so won't you please

CHORUS

So come on and be
Be my, be my, be my little baby
My one and only
say you’ll be my darling
Be my, be my, be my baby now
Whoa whoa whoa
Be my, be my, be my little baby
My one and only baby


Come to think of it, maybe that does sum up 2007. :)

0 comments: