Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Our dr's appts went well. I got my staples out (YUCK! But not painful at all) and the dr said I am doing well. After that, we went and got Easton's carseat inspected and Sgt. Luttrell at the Friendship Fire Station was so nice! Very thorough and informative and we DID have his seat in right, but he showed us how to make it fit in there more snugly and safer and that made us feel a lot better. After we left the fire station, it was time for lunch. We ate at the Jiffy Sandwich shop and then it was time for Easton's well-baby checkup. He did so well! He weighed 7lbs 10 oz and that made me feel good because he had gained weight since we left the hospital. He was average on weight, average on head circumference and above average on length, which we already knew.


That night was a TERRIBLE night for us! Easton slept through most of our running around during the day (BIG MISTAKE!) and then was awake ALL NIGHT! I think I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep that night. Poor Jason had to get up at 5 to be at work the next day so he finally gave up and went to sleep in the guest bedroom. He asked me if I minded and I said no. He'd already been up helping me try to pacify Easton for most of the night and even changed a few diapers so I felt bad that he'd be tired for work the next day. I called him to check on him around lunch time yesterday and he said he was doing OK.


It's amazing to me how one day we were both people who needed a LOT of sleep to function well and the next day we were OK getting by on only a few hours or so. I know that's part of being a parent, but it was like someone flipped a switch in both of us and put us into full-time "parent mode".


Here's a picture of Jason and Easton on a walk:



0 comments: