Sunday, November 04, 2007

Easton had his first trip to the grocery store today. He did so well! He slept right through it and never made a peep. We were all pretty tired after we came home so we laid down and took a 2 hour nap. I wonder how long it will be before a trip to the grocery store does not leave me wiped out. Probably never. :) I have a dr's appt tomorrow at 10:30 to get my staples out and I can't wait. These staples feel gross! Then we'll probably stop in at Jason's work and show off our cute little guy before his dr's appt at 2:15. It is going to be a busy day but I'm looking forward to getting out of the house.

Jason goes back to work on Tuesday. I'm kind of dreading it. It has been so nice having him here to help me. He's a very hands-on daddy and I love watching him w/Easton. I also love having him here just to talk to. I'm afraid that when he comes home from work at night that I'll just pounce on him and want to talk his ear off because I'll have not been around another adult all day. I'll try to keep that in check but I know it's going to happen some. I'll be glad when I can drive again so I can go visit the daycare I used to work at and have lunch with my friends and with Jason.

But I do love being a mommy. Easton has been sleeping anywhere from 2-5 hour stretches at a time, so I'm pretty lucky. This morning he woke up and wanted to stay awake about 5:30 so I just took him into his room and read Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes to him and nursed him and he was back asleep in no time. It was so sweet to have that one on one time with him doing what I love to do...read. Hopefully he grows up to love to read too. We're working on it! :)

0 comments: