Sunday, June 03, 2007

What a long day! We registered for baby stuff at Target and Walmart today. We found a lot more stuff at Target than we did at our Walmart. It was a little overwhelming to see all the choices available and I can't even imagine what BabysRUs must look like!

I was sure wishing I had someone with me who knew which stuff was stuff I'd actually use and which I could do without. At one point, I did get a little teary-eyed and told Jason that "I wish my mom was here. Or Bonnie. Or Leslie. Or Michelle. Or Jenni. They'd know what I need and we'd have fun shopping for it." But I did pick out a bunch of stuff we'd like to have in the nursery and I think we managed to make some good choices on the big-ticket items like a stroller, carseat, crib, etc. At least I hope we did. I know we're worn out from all that shopping! It was hard to stay away from choosing boy stuff or girl stuff. We did pick a little bit of gender-specific stuff at Walmart, but hopefully most of it will work for either a girl or a boy.

We went with a Jungle theme for almost everything we picked out today. A lot of green and yellow stuff which I think will look nice with the light blue paint we chose. Now we just need to find time to move the office stuff out of here and turn it into a baby's room. I shudder just to THINK of all the work that involves! Organizing and painting the guest bedroom, putting in a phone jack so we will have a place to plug in our computer, moving all the stuff from the office to the guest bedroom and finally painting the nursery. Anyone want to help?

If anyone wants to check out the baby registries online, here are the links:

http://www.target.com
http://walmart.com

0 comments: