Monday, May 21, 2007

Don't go out and buy pink or blue just yet...baby wasn't cooperating or maybe just wasn't old enough for the tech to determine whether we're having a boy or a girl. But my due date looks to be the same as we originally were told (November 3rd) and everything looks good. It was really amazing to be able to see our baby in so much detail! He (or she) even had its hand up by its face most of the time and we saw the fingers moving like it was waving to us. Pretty cool! We got to see the heartbeat and spine and everything looks to be exactly on target as far as baby's size. They gave us pictures of the ultrasound and even a videotape of some of it so I'm sure we will be showing that off to anyone who's interested.
I go back for a check up with the dr on June 18th and another ultrasound on June 29th. They originally wanted me to come in on July 2nd but that's when we'll be IN OKLAHOMA! (yay!) so I asked if we could schedule it for Friday June 29th. We can't wait to see the baby again.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I had only gained 3 lbs since my last appt. That's a total of only 6 or 7 total, so that's not too much so far. Goodness knows I haven't been eating like I should, so I was a little worried this time. I'm doing well at balancing my junky eating with some actual vegetables though, which is more than I can say for myself before getting pregnant. Before it was usually a long time of all healthy eating followed by a long time of all junky eating and repeat over and over and over. Now it's pretty balanced and I'm starting to feel more energetic (sometimes) so J and I have started walking after work. Hopefully that helps me have more energy during the day.

Everyone keeps asking if I'm having any weird pregnancy cravings and overall I'd have to say I crave only one thing...anything icy cold. Popsicles (sp?), slushes, snowcones, shaved ice, ice cream, Italian ice, ice cubes, ANYTHING freezing cold. It's not even so much the flavor of whatever it is I happen to choose, it's the coldness.

On my lunch break today I had to drive all the way down to get an Italian ice because what I really was craving was a snowcone but there is NO PLACE here to get one! Nowhere. In the whole entire town or surrounding area. Drives me crazy. And to make matters worse we don't even have a Sonic to get a slush. :( And tonight after work I had three (3!) Pop-Ice popsicles. Good thing they're only 25 calories a piece and very cheap or else it would be a long 5 more months! Geez, if it's this bad in the spring...just think about how bad this "craving" will be in the summer!

0 comments: