Monday, May 28, 2007

All in favor of a 3 day weekend every weekend raise your hand. Man, we had so much stuff to do this weekend and we only got about 1/2 of it done. Friday night, we shopped and shopped and shopped. We did our big monthly Costco and Walmart shopping trip and got some stuff for the house that we needed. We were both worn out when we got home late that night.


Saturday we slept late and then went to a friend's daughter's first birthday party. It was fun. After that, we drove to Harrisonburg to pick up tickets to a concert we want to go to. Cross Canadian Ragweed is playing at the Pub (a college bar outside James Madison University) on June 7th. We've seen them once before at the Pub and the concert was sold out last time and the place was packed. Wish it wasn't a week night and wasn't 2 hours from my house, but Amy and Cyrus and my friend Katy from work are going with Jason and I so it should be a fun time. After picking up the tickets, we went to Lowes and bought some more flowers (clematis and mandevilla) for the yard and some other misc. yard stuff.


Sunday we got up early and got busy cleaning and organizing. I put away a lot of winter clothes and the spring and summer clothes I can't fit into anymore. I washed and put away all the maternity clothes I've been given. That made me have about 4 extra loads of laundry to do! After getting the closet organized and the laundry baskets of clothes put away, our room looks so nice! We do need to find a dresser though. We've got one little 4 drawer dresser that is so full it's practically bursting at the seams. I'd like to find an old one that I could paint to match the other furniture in our bedroom but so far I haven't really found one in my price range. (I'm CHEAP!) Maybe I'll find one when we go home in July and can add it to the furniture we're hauling back to WV with us. I am NOT looking forward to that 2 day drive but I can't wait to go home! Wish we could spend more time there but I'll settle for even a quick trip at this point. November was WAY too long ago!


Today we didn't really do too much. We did make our 2nd trip of the weekend to Lowes to buy some more plants (blue salvia and pink mini petunias) for some bare spots in our yard and some paint. We finally decided on a light blue paint for the nursery called Airy, a pale purple-ish grey color for the guest room called Fainting Violet and a tan color called Cake Batter for 3 walls in our room. The other wall we'll paint a dark brown color we have called Mudslide. Now we just need about a week off to get all the organizing and painting done around here. :)

One of these days I'll actually get my camera batteries charged and take some pictures. It's been way too long.

0 comments: