Monday, April 23, 2007

Home sick...AGAIN! I am so tired of being sick! At this rate I'm going to slowly use up all my vacation days by being sick and not be able to come home in July for my birthday. :( I'm pretty sure I have strep throat. My tonsils are huge and nasty looking. Man, I just can't catch a break. But I am sure catching a lot of other fun stuff at work! I think if they tell you up front that in your first year of teaching that you will be sick more than you have ever been in your life, then they should give you double the sick/vacation time to compensate for it. Somehow I don't think my boss would like that idea too much but it sounds fabulous to me! Dr's appt in about an hour and a half to have that lovely strep culture done. Gross! I hate that part! Pregnant women feel like throwing up far too much as it is to have someone sticking that swab in there too! YUCK!

Update: Well, it's not strep. Just viral tonsillitis. I asked my family dr if I was being overly cautious by calling in sick and going to see him today and he said no. He said if he would have bet money after looking in my mouth on whether or not I had strep, he would have bet I had strep and he would have been wrong. Good to hear he doesn't think I'm being a hypochondriac. :)

0 comments: