Monday, August 28, 2006

Today, while in a confrontation with a parent about why her kid was in time-out, I was insulted. Many, many times. Everything from my classroom management techniques (or lack thereof) to my inability to control her child (which, if I'm not mistaking is the same thing as classroom managment, right? Yep. Though so.). But my favorite of all her insults and unfounded complaints is "You don't have children, you don't know." I looked her squarely in the eye and said "How do you know that I don't want to have a child more than anything in this world but have been told that I can't have children?" Boy, you should have seen the look on her face.

Note: No, I do NOT have a problem with infertility, it's just a matter of personal choice. But it's none of her damn business why I don't have kids. I treat these kids BETTER than if they were my own. Because they are not my children, they get more chances, more options, more leeway. If they were my children, they'd get a spank on the butt and an "I'd better not hear that kind of backtalk from you again."

Not that I am saying it's OK to HIT your child, but an occaisonal spank on the butt never hurt in the long run, did it? I got spankings and look how great I turned out. :)

Just kidding. I'm really pretty steamed about the whole situation and my outlet of choice instead of diving headlong into the bottle of wine in my fridge is to unleash my crazy sense of humor on the internet. Rather good choice, don't you think?

Yes, I really did say "How do you know..." to this out-of-control mom. But it was only after being verbally insulted and berated in front of my peers, about 20 children, and my supervisor that I finally had enough. And you know what? It felt GREAT! It especially felt great to know that my boss backed me up.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. Should be chaotic too. I can't wait.

Is it Thursday yet?!

0 comments: