Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Thank you to the kind samaritan I met today. As you walked up to my car, I'm sure I gave you a wary "what do you want" kind of look. Please forgive me, as I've come to understand that the majority of the people I encounter in the downtown area are either 1) particularly snobby, 2) particularly gangster-ish, or 3) homeless and therefore, pretty scary.
Thanks for kindly telling me that your parking meter still had an hour left on it and that if I waited for you to leave, then I wouldn't have to pay to park.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for restoring my belief that there ARE some genuinely nice people left in this world. (Present company on this website excluded, of course!) :)

Also, thank you to the sweet little old man who helped me pick up my papers and rearrange the flowers in the vase I was carrying when I overlooked the uneven part of the sidewalk and slammed my bare toe into the concrete. (Note to self: wear real shoes instead of flip-flops!) What a gentleman!

0 comments: